About Bury in Bloom
Bury in Bloom is run by the Bury St Edmunds Society CIO and has been in operation since 1986. Bury in Bloom works alongside the local authorities, businesses, community & educational representatives to enhance the townscape and provide funding and support for various projects each year and contributes to the wellbeing of the town.
We provide projects for all ages and for all areas of the borough to ensure that the needs and aspirations of the community can be met, bringing people together to enhance, be inspired and enjoy what Bury has to offer its residents and visitors.
Bury in Bloom is made up of a volunteer committee plus a part time paid Co-Ordinator who oversees the application for and raising of funds through sponsorship and grants, and supporting the various projects agreed by the committee.
Aims and Objectives
- To ensure Bury St Edmunds maintains its floral town achievements.
- To encourage gardening across the ages from children at pre-school to residents in the towns nursing homes and to encourage community participation
- To raise awareness of environmental issues, biodiversity and sustainability.
- To plant and maintain hanging baskets, flower beds and troughs with colourful planting schemes around the town.
- To use sculpture on the town’s roundabouts to tell the history of Bury St Edmunds for all to enjoy.
- To work with local councils, sponsors, local businesses and local volunteer groups to raise awareness of the need to meet these aims for the good of Bury St Edmunds, its residents and visitors